Admission to Hartford Infant School is the responsibility of Cambridgeshire Local Authority (the LA), therefore they set the admission policy and criteria for the school. The LA will allocate Reception places according to our admission number (currently limited to 60 children in each year group to ensure ‘infant sized classes’ ) and their admission criteria, which is listed below in order of priority.
Cambridgeshire Local Authority Admission Criteria
Children who have a statement of special educational needs that names the school will be admitted.
Thereafter priority is a follows:
- Children in Care, also known as Looked After Children (LAC), and children who were looked after but ceased to be so by reason of adoption, a resident order or special guardianship order;
- Children living in the catchment area with a sibling at the school (or a partner junior school) at the time of admission;
- Children living in the catchment area;
- Children living outside the catchment area who have a sibling at the school (or a partner junior school) at the time of admission;
- Children living outside the catchment area who have been unable to gain a place at their catchment area school because of oversubscription;
- Children who live outside the catchment area, but nearest the school as measured by a straight line; In cases of equal merit in each set of criteria, priority will go to children living nearest the school as measured by a straight line.
(Information taken from ‘Admission Arrangements for 2014-15’ CCC)
For more information please click here to be directed to the Cambridgeshire County Council Admission Arrangements.
That being said, if you are looking to send your child to our school you can ‘express an interest’ using the linked form and we will contact you as soon as the admission window for the appropriate academic year has opened.
If you are new to the area or are looking for a mid-year transfer then please contact the school admissions team at: Admissions Team, CC1206, Castle Court, Castle Hill, Cambridge, CB3 0AP or Telephone: 01223 699200 / 699662.
For more information visit the admissions section of Cambridgeshire County Council’s website using the link below.
The geographical area served by a school is its catchment area. In Cambridgeshire, your home address will usually be in the catchment area of one primary school and one secondary school.
You can enter your postcode to determine if we are your catchment school using the following link -